UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor salisen
Visitor

Error when simulating Xilinx block memory based FIFO in testbed

Jump to solution

I'm currently grappling with an odd but fatal issue with the Vivado Simulator running in Vivado 2018.1 in GUI mode.

I have a testbench that includes a Xilinx Block RAM based FIFO generated and instantiated using the Xilinx FIFO Generator IP block.

Unfortunately I am struggling to get the Vivado Simulator to successfully run behavioural simulation with this FIFO in place in the testbench.  I am getting the following error, which is causing simulation to fail:

ERROR: [VRFC 10-149] 'fifo_generator_v13_2_1_pkg' is not compiled in library fifo_generator_v13_2_1 [C:/Users/karic/Dropbox/PhD/Share_w_Kari/FPGA_Projects/phase_cache_locking_time/phase_cache.ip_user_files/ipstatic/hdl/fifo_generator_v13_2_rfs.vhd:3882]
INFO: [VRFC 10-307] analyzing entity shft_wrapper
ERROR: [VRFC 10-1504] unit shft_wrapper ignored due to previous errors [C:/Users/karic/Dropbox/PhD/Share_w_Kari/FPGA_Projects/phase_cache_locking_time/phase_cache.ip_user_files/ipstatic/hdl/fifo_generator_v13_2_rfs.vhd:3887]

I have found a couple of references to similar errors online but they appear to correspond to compiling libraries for external simulation tools such as ModelSIM and QuestaSIM.

I have tried deleting and regenerating the FIFO, without success.  I have also tried experimenting with the compilation order, again without success.

I am at a complete loss as to how to solve this issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error when simulating Xilinx block memory based FIFO in testbed

Jump to solution

Hi @salisen,

The fifo generator version 13.2 rev 1 is provided with Vivado 2017.4, 2018.2 is supplied with Rev 2 so this may be why you are seeing this issue. If you run Report IP Status and upgrade the IP does this help?

You could also try running reset_project in the tcl console.

If neither of these help then you could try deleting the project.sim directory. This will be regenerated when you run simulation again.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @salisen,

The fifo generator version 13.2 rev 1 is provided with Vivado 2017.4, 2018.2 is supplied with Rev 2 so this may be why you are seeing this issue. If you run Report IP Status and upgrade the IP does this help?

You could also try running reset_project in the tcl console.

If neither of these help then you could try deleting the project.sim directory. This will be regenerated when you run simulation again.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
Visitor salisen
Visitor

Jump to solution

No IP upgrade was required as per report_ip_status (the FIFO IP was already compiled at version 13.2 Rev 2).

However running reset_project and then deleting the project.sim directory worked (not sure which step did the trick but it was one of the two).

I think the issue was that the simulation was stale - it was I presume expecting Version 13.2 Rev 1 of the FIFO judging by the error message, and then not finding it since Version 13.2 Rev 2 was present in the project.

0 Kudos