UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Export Simulation Warning : IP component xml file not found

Highlighted
Visitor

Export Simulation Warning : IP component xml file not found

Hi,

I have used AXI4 smart-connect in my block design, everything works fine i.e; like Validation, Generate Block design, Create HDL wrapper, adding test bench. But when i choose Export Simulation i get a warning which says

WARNING : [SIM-utils-52] IP Component XML file dose not exist.

And for the file to which this warning was meant to be cannot be found when i try to simulate the design.

Can anyone help me out with this.

Please find the attachment below.

xml.PNG

Re: Export Simulation Warning : IP component xml file not found

Hi @praveen_mulimani,

The  IP .xml file is not present during export simulation in .srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/ip/<axismartconnect>/<name>.xml and hence this warning. This file (with .xci) should be created when you add the IP in BD for a project and save (as this IP can be used in IPI flow only). Usually .xml is present with this flow and I am not sure why not in this case.

If you are just trying out the IP, then generating output products should also run export_simulation within the scripts in .ip_user_files/sim_scripts to compare. Also for working in design with IP, to use export_simulation make sure you have compiled the libraries.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor

Re: Export Simulation Warning : IP component xml file not found

Hi prathikm

Thanks for the reply, this issue is resolved by selecting "Out of context per Block Design " option while generating output products. Before i selected "Out of context per IP" option and hence i was getting that warning .