UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover

Hi,

My Post implementation functional simulation is exiting with the below error -

FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.
Time: 331305100 ps  Iteration: 0  Process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/addr_c_i_p0_reg[1]_i_1/Always100_607
  File: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/verilog/src/unisims/LUT6.v
run: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:24 ; elapsed = 00:12:04 . Memory (MB): peak = 9891.965 ; gain = 0.000 ; free physical = 817 ; free virtual = 4512

Can anyone please help with what this seems to be coming from ?

Thanks and sincerely

Bhawandeep Singh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover

Generally, fatal error is a tool issue.

You may want to trace it down to specific section of RTL based on the highlighted process, and see if there's any way to work around it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

回复: FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover

Hi graces,

Thanks for the informative reply, but is there any suggestion on what I can do ?

"Work-around" does not seem feasible since the error does not tell what the issue was.

Thanks and sincerely

Bhawandeep Singh

0 Kudos

Hi @bhawandeepsingh,

Please share a test case to reproduce the issue at our end and debug further.

For now, We have an LTE IP implemented on Virtex 6 using ISE, we are porting it to Zynq in ISE and then importing the project into Vivado (without Coregen IPs ugrade). Then I try to do post implementation simulation and this error comes for an LUT as mentioned - always at the exact same simulation time stamp.

What are some frequent/possible cases in which simulator exits with this ? Also, what does the below statement mean ?

run: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:24 ; elapsed = 00:12:04 . Memory (MB): peak = 9891.965 ; gain = 0.000 ; free physical = 817 ; free virtual = 4512

To add information - we are running simulation on individual machines (not on server) with 16GB RAM.

What more information do I need to provide ? Do you mean information related to our IP and testbench or something specific related to Vivado ?

0 Kudos
Observer cskuwahara
Observer

I'm working with Bhawandeep.  I ran the same design through Questa and encountered the following error at 331 us in the post-implementation simulation.

#############  Autofindloop Analysis  ###############
#############  Loop found at time 331305100 ps ###############
#   Active process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/\addr_c_i_p1_reg[8]_i_2 /<anonymous> @ sub-iteration 0
#     Source: downlink_top_tb_func_impl.v:1416163
#   Active process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/\addr_c_i_p1_reg[8]_i_14 /<anonymous> @ sub-iteration 0
#     Source: downlink_top_tb_func_impl.v:1416153
#   Active process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/\addr_c_i_p1_reg[8]_i_2 /<anonymous> @ sub-iteration 1
#   Active process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/\addr_c_i_p1_reg[8]_i_14 /<anonymous> @ sub-iteration 1
#     Source: downlink_top_tb_func_impl.v:1416153
#   Active process: /downlink_top_tb/downlink_top_wraprmodule/downlink_topmodule/mymoChannelEstimate_module/mymoChannelEstimatemodulen0m0/\addr_c_i_p1_reg[8]_i_2 /<anonymous> @ sub-iteration 2
################# END OF LOOP #################
# ** Error (suppressible): (vsim-3601) Iteration limit 10000000 reached at time 331305100 ps.

At the line numbers in the netlist, there is instances of a LUT5 and LUT6 from the unisim library.  How can there be a loop at a LUT?  Does this message mean that we have a combinational loop in our design?

Thanks,

Craig Kuwahara

0 Kudos