cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

FWFT FIFO empty signal - low after reset signal when using post-synthesis functional or timing simulation

Hey, Dear All,

I am using a FWFT fifo in my testbench, and when using behavior simulation, the empty signal of the FIFO is set to high after the reset;  however when using post-synthesis simulation, no matter is functional or timing, the empty signal of the FIFO is set to low after the reset.

How should I fix this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

HI @xubintan,

Can you supply more information, what version of the tools are you using?

Do you have a small test project that shows the issue?

Best Regard
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

hi, @amaccre,

Sorry I think I misunderstood the problem, when I launch post-synthesis simulation, the FWFT FIFO I used in the testbench does not even show up.

As can be seen, in Sim_src, only PICOS_HW_UUT are design files, and this is the top of the custom IP.

Other files are for testing, the READYTASK_UUT is a FWFT FIFO that is initialized inside the tb_picos_hw file.

When launching pre-synthesis behavior simulation, you can see in the Pre-synthesis.png, all the files shown on top are inside.

When launching post-synthesis simulation in Post-synthesis.png, the two FIFOs used are missing. That is probably why the FIFO empty signal is wrong.

Do you know where I can find answers on how to correctly do the Post-synthesis?

Thank you!

Sim_src.png
Pre-synthesis.png
Post-synthesis.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi  @xubintan,

Looking at your screen shots in the Behavioural simulation you have set tb_picos_hw as the top, but in the Post Synthesise simulation you have set PICOS_HW_UUT as top. You can see this by which item is highlighted in Bold.

I created the FIFO example design and ran the simulation, the structure is the same between them all.

Beh_Sim.JPG

Post_Synth_Functional.JPG

Post_Synth_TIming.JPG

The only difference in the two post synthesis simulations are that the Timing simulation is using Verilog modules as only Verilog is supported for timing simulations.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, @amaccre

For here "

Looking at your screen shots in the Behavioural simulation you have set tb_picos_hw as the top, but in the Post Synthesise simulation you have set PICOS_HW_UUT as top. You can see this by which item is highlighted in Bold.

"

Actually it is no, in the post synthesis simulation it is just my mouse is clicked on "PICOS_HW_UUT", and that is why it is bold.

So in the attachments you will find the screenshot that I rested my mouse over "tb_picos_hw", and now it is bold.

It is just in my custom IP case, I don't know why the other two FIFO IP that are initiated inside tb_picos_hw are missing when I launch post-synthesis simulation.

post-synthesis-2.png
0 Kudos