cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Failed to find the 'modelsim' simulator executable during the use of compile_simlib

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to use modelsim for functional simulation. Modelsim requires the complied library. When I used the command compile_simlib to simulate it, the error "Failed to find the 'mdelsim' simulator executable" shows. I think it maybe a problem about setting. How it can be solved? Thanks much for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

1. You have to set the modelsim installation path in Tools->options->General->modelsim install path.(see the attached snapshot)

2.  Check for the compiled library location in the simulation settings.(snapshot attached)

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1.JPG
2.JPG
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

1. You have to set the modelsim installation path in Tools->options->General->modelsim install path.(see the attached snapshot)

2.  Check for the compiled library location in the simulation settings.(snapshot attached)

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

1.JPG
2.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi,

Thanks much for the reply. Do you mean that I should install modelsim separately and vivado does not have it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

Install modelsim for it. We support specific versions of modelsim in each release. Check the supported versions before installation.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

OK. Thanks.

0 Kudos