UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Failing ot use NCSim for Simulation

Jump to solution

Hello, I failed to test my design with NCSim.

All required Xilinx libraries are precompiled and correctly set. NCSim goes through all steps until elaboration and fails there with the following message:

ncelab: *E,NOUNIT: Unable to find a unit named 'work.gtwizard_0_TB' in the libraries.
ncelab: *E,NOUNIT: Unable to find a unit named 'work.glbl' in the libraries.

I looked up the sim folder, but in the subfolder work are only packed files I could not open. As for the testbench, it is only marked for simulation in Vivado. I checked the console, the testbench and work.glbl are definitively compiled by NCSim, why are they then missing in the elaboration step?

(NCSim version is 15.10 and Vivado 2015.1)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Failing ot use NCSim for Simulation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have fixed the problem, the NCSim path was pointing at an old version in the project options (compiled libaries where correct and the simulate command started the new NCSim anyway). But now with this path change, the simulation runs.

Thank you, I hope this does not happen again.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @m2b821 ,

Can you share the compile.log and elaborate.log files?

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have fixed the problem, the NCSim path was pointing at an old version in the project options (compiled libaries where correct and the simulate command started the new NCSim anyway). But now with this path change, the simulation runs.

Thank you, I hope this does not happen again.

0 Kudos