cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runedj
Visitor
Visitor

GTZ simulation model

I am having trouble simulating the GTZ tranceiver in modelsim. I have downloaded the simulation model from the GTZ lounge.

My issue is that apparently there are only secureip models for ncsim and vcs. There are none for modelsim or even Xilinx own xsim. According to our FAE ncsim and vcs are the only ones supported, but is it really true that Xilinx doesn't support its own tools?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
graces

For Xsim, all the libraries are pre-compiled. You just need to reference the appropriate libraries in simulation.

Actually for the supported 3rd party simulators including modelsim, user can manually compile the libraries using compile_simlib Tcl command. The models of dedicated hardware blocks like GTs are in the secureip library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
graces

Sorry it turns out GTZ is a special model.

If you have a look at $XILINX_VIVADO/data/secureip, you don't see any 'gtz' entries. There do exist gth, gtx, gtp, gty..

So to confirm, yes, as stated in GTZ UG that can me downloaded from the lounge only ncsim and vcs are supported.
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
runedj
Visitor
Visitor

OK, so does anybody know why Xilinx has chosen not to support their own tools nor modelsim/questasim, which seems to be the most commonly used simulator at least in Europe?

It is not trivial to bring up the GTZ transciever without being able to simulate it.

0 Kudos
cspatha
Observer
Observer

Hi,

Since there are no models for gtz transceivers for the vivado simulator the only solution is to use 3rd party simulators?

Would it be possible to create an ILA module and debug my design this way?

Christos

0 Kudos
dwisehart
Scholar
Scholar

With ILA you can probe most of the net names you can find in the Implemented Design, and all of the Cell Pins will be listed.  What you cannot probe is those pins that have too high a frequency, too low a period or no connectivity to the general fabric, such at GTYRXN/P and GTYTXN/P.

This is, however, a rather slow process, because you have to resynthesize and reimplement every time you want to make a change.

Daniel

0 Kudos
cspatha
Observer
Observer

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

So the only solution for proper debugging is to use ncsim or vcs? 

Is the model for vivado simulator going to be inlcuded in a future version?

Regards,

Christos

0 Kudos
debrajr

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62814.html
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
shiqiang_feng
Observer
Observer

Hello! Do you have the UG478 for GTZ?

0 Kudos