UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor prasannacpc
Visitor

Giving message 'Library unit VITAL_Timing is not available in library IEEE'

I am using Xilinx 13.4 Design Suite for one of my design. I included component instance file (VHDL Library) which is having library declaration as below:

LIBRARY IEEE;
USE IEEE.VITAL_Timing.all;
USE IEEE.VITAL_Primitives.all;

While trying to compile the top level module its showing  "Library unit VITAL_Timing is not available in library IEEE". I checked no file named 'VITAL_Timing' or 'VITAL_Primitive' found in IEEE library. As these are used for simuation purpose only I want to mention that iSIM will be used for simulation.

Please help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Giving message 'Library unit VITAL_Timing is not available in library IEEE'

VITAL_Timing and VITAL_Primitives are internal VITAL modules which you wont find in IEEE folder. These are declared usually in the primitives (unisim/simprim) . Not sure what are you trying to perform. If you want to instantiate any Xilinx Primitive, insert the lines:

library UNISIM;
use unisim.vcomponents.all;

in the start of the code and rest the tool would do for you :)
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant tayres
Participant

I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Which library are you going to use? Unisim or Simprim?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie jing_m

Same message. Could you please give more information how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@prasannacpc wrote:

I am using Xilinx 13.4 Design Suite for one of my design. I included component instance file (VHDL Library) which is having library declaration as below:

LIBRARY IEEE;
USE IEEE.VITAL_Timing.all;
USE IEEE.VITAL_Primitives.all;

While trying to compile the top level module its showing  "Library unit VITAL_Timing is not available in library IEEE". I checked no file named 'VITAL_Timing' or 'VITAL_Primitive' found in IEEE library. As these are used for simuation purpose only I want to mention that iSIM will be used for simulation.

Please help.

Are you doing a post-route timing simulation? Because otherwise you should not need those libraries.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Newbie jing_m

Implement top model. Synthesis faild and show this error message. Because there is  IBUF.vhd file in my project and declare use VITAL_timing in this file.

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@jing_m wrote:

Implement top model. Synthesis faild and show this error message. Because there is  IBUF.vhd file in my project and declare use VITAL_timing in this file.

When you instantiate the IBUF (or any other primitive), you do NOT use the VITAL packages. You use the unisim library with the VComponents package.

I'm pretty sure that every example of a primitive instantiation that's in the HDL Libraries Guide for your device family shows this.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos

Hello jing_m,
Are you still facing any issues?
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos