cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uzunerm

How to Download QuestaSim

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to download QuestaSim on my CentOS based server. The problem is when I go in to the siemens.com, there is no download link anywhere. Is the only way to download QuestaSim is contacting with the sales team, I mean do they provide a link?

I know that QuestaSim is a priced product. I think that I can first download the application, then ask for a license from Siemens, like the way in Xilinx.

I saw some other websites which provides setup files, but I prefer to download it from the original source. Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

Afaik, you can only download Questa etc through your mentor (now seimens) account. And you can only download the tools you have a licence for. So you will need to contact their sales to discuss getting this set up. Questa is very much not available for free in any form.

Modelsim is available in some form for free from some vendors (Intel, maybe lattice?) .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

contact siemens, and they will "discuss" your requirements,  and point you at the "best solution for you "  !!

Was that you on redit at the weekend as well asking the same question ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
uzunerm

Thanks for the answer.

Actually, my duty is just to provide the program, then someone else is going to contact with the Siemens for license and purchasing options. At least this was the plan. But you say it doesn't work that way? Can't I simply download and walk away?

Btw, this the product I want to download: https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ic/questa/simulation/advanced-simulator

No, I wasn't the one who asked. But I'd like the see the discussion, can you provide the link? I saw a similar discussion on Reddit but it was an old discussion.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FPGA/comments/blephv/where_to_download_questa/

0 Kudos
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

Afaik, you can only download Questa etc through your mentor (now seimens) account. And you can only download the tools you have a licence for. So you will need to contact their sales to discuss getting this set up. Questa is very much not available for free in any form.

Modelsim is available in some form for free from some vendors (Intel, maybe lattice?) .

View solution in original post