cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change time in simulation in Vivado 2016.2?

Untitled.png

Hi everyone I'm completely new to Vivado and hardware design, I've just started using Vivado today. I wanted to see the output change, but I can't do that if it goes up by 1ps at a time. If I wanted it to go up 500ps at a time, how would I do that?

I tried checking other answers, but they all assume you know how to reach that setting, or where to write it, and I have no clue! Looking for steps for dummies here. Thank you :)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @Anonymous

Click on the Yellow circles as show below till you have the Settings window open.

Then see the orange marked box when you must increase the SIM time.

simtime.jpg

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

shameera

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please specify which time you are concerned about i.e., the time for which the design has to simulate or the time that is displayed on the screen after simulation ?

If you are concerned about the time for which the design has to simulate then please follow the suggestions of @dpaul24 or if you are concerned about the time that is displayed on the screen after simulation, then you can use the Zoom out (magnifier with - sign) present on the simulator window.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Shameer.

0 Kudos
thakurr

Hi @Anonymous

Since you are very new to Vivado i would definitely suggest you to try the below tutorial linlk of Vivado simulation. It will answer each and every query regarding the usage:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug937-vivado-design-suite-simulation-tutorial.pdf

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
amaccre

Hi @Anonymous,

If you just want to zoom out to see more of the simulation at one time then you can use the (o)ut or (i)n keys after clicking on the traces.

You can also use mouse to zoom in and out by clicking on the trace, holding the button down and moving the mouse cursor up/down/left or right.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos