UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to get mapped address from block design into SystemVerilog simulation

Hi,

I am trying to automate the simulation process and the addresses of the various components are hardcoded in the simulation code.  I would like to get the address of the component from the block design into the SystemVerilog in an automated way instead of having it hardcoded at 2 places (in the IP integrator window and in the testbench).

The close I can get is to use a .tcl script on the block design which get the offset property, like:

get_property offset [get_bd_addr_segs {processing_system7_0/Data/SEG_AxiSlave2RegFile_0_S00_AXI_reg}] 

The TCL script could then write the offset into a verilog header file that can be included in the verilog simulation.

Anybody has a simpler way?

Thanks,

jf

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to get mapped address from block design into SystemVerilog simulation

Hi @jlarin,

There is no simpler way to get the offset that I know if, but you could try using the -generic_top <value> option in the xelab e.g. -generic_top "P1=10"

As per UG900

Generics (Parameters) Mapping
The Vivado simulator supports the following VHDL generic types (and their Verilog/SV
equivalents):
• integer
• real
• string
• boolean
Note: Any other generic type found on mixed language boundary is considered an error.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------