UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dannna
Visitor

How to speed-up simulation

Hi,

I'm using Vivado 15.3 Simulator in order to simulaten a full project. It's very slow, it takes 01:15 minute to simulate 50us.

How can I speed up the simulation?

should i use a third-party simulator? should i purchase a special liscence?

Thanks,

Danna

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to speed-up simulation

HI @dannna

DO you mean to say it takes 1hr : 15 mIn  for 50 us of Post PAR simulation?

If your design has a good amount of DSP48, MMCMs or GTH utilization, You can try using unifast simulation models for the same.
Refer page 22 of  Logic simulation guide for usage details.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_3/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi Danna,

There is no other license provided by Xilinx to speed up the simulation.

Thanks and Regards,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If don't want to monitor any signal on waveform, please run simulation by change the debug level to 'OFF' from simulation setting under elaboration tab.

Also I would like to see what's causing simulator to run slow or is it because of design. Will it be possible for you to share  design.

--dhiRAj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor dannna
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

I mean that it takes 1 minute and 15 seconds to simulate 50us.

I checked for errors and collisions in the log and didn't find any.

0 Kudos