UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to use modelsim in xilinx ise 12.1

I have installed xilinx ise 12.1 but when i try to run the simulation i could only see ISim simulator.

How can i run integrated modelsim simulator?

Can i run the modelsim simulator in standalone mode?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to use modelsim in xilinx ise 12.1

Hi,

1. Install Modelsim.

2. ISE->Edit->Preferences->ISE General->Integrated Tools

3. Specify the path of Modelsim

4. In Design Properties, choose modelsim as simulator.

Off cuase, you can also run standalone mode.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

To select ModelSim as your project simulator:
1. In the Sources tab, right-click the device line and then Select Design Properties.

Or select Project-->Design Properties from main menu.
3. In the Simulator field , select the Modelsim.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

i get this error when i am trying to run modelsim from project navigator. I compiled complxib and tried to run the simulation.

ERROR: Simulator version mismatch!
               The simulation libraries were compiled for the 'MTI_PE 6.6b' version, but
               the selected simulator is 'MTI_PE Edition'. Please recompile the libraries for
               the selected simulator version or change the simulator selection.

How can i change the selected simulator  to MTI_PE 6.6 b .  The only option in the xilinx ise 12.1 is Modelsim -pe -vhdl but cant fined the version number option.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In Project Navigator, go to menu Edit->Preferences and then select "Integrated Tools" (see snapshot below):

Cheers,
Jim
ScreenHunter_012.gif
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor krishna24
Visitor

where do i get the modelsim support version software for my xilinx suite 12.1 and help me to work in simulink modeling & HDL Simulation:)

thank you in advance.....!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

You can use any of the 3rd party simulators listed n page 111 of the doc http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/sim.pdf. Xilinx has stopped supporting Modelsim XE so no request for new license would be entertained. So, you can use 6.5c version of the SE/PE/DE editions of Modelsim. Contact Mentor Graphics for the same.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos