UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to use xsc with libraries?

Jump to solution

I have some DPI code which I compile into a .so library. My DPI library depends upon some other library so I would like to pass -L,-l, and -Wl,-rpath (or use LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to the linker.

I have written a small C program to call my DPI functions using the .so file which is working fine.

It seems like xsc is suited for either passing C source files or already compiled object files, which then generates dpi.so.

Is it possible to skip the entire xsc altogheter as long as I use the Vivado supplied gcc?

If so what options to I pass to xelab to pass the above options to the linking stage?

If not how can I do this with xsc?

BTW: This is on 2018.2 on Linux.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: How to use xsc with libraries?

Jump to solution

I just tried to skip xsc.

I simply used --sv_root to point to the location of my library, and --sv_lib to my own library. It seem to work fine.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: How to use xsc with libraries?

Jump to solution

I just tried to skip xsc.

I simply used --sv_root to point to the location of my library, and --sv_lib to my own library. It seem to work fine.

0 Kudos