cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raspecht
Visitor
Visitor

I'm stuck...ISIM crashing w/ little data why.

Jump to solution

First of all, I have gone through pretty significant steps in trying to debug what is going on.  However, my main issue is that if my test bench becomes to complicated...either I get an unexpected error or a gui not responding error.   Worse yet, is that the logic internally will beging to act ranodmly (e.g. a singal will randomly change state).   In a test bench, when a process kicks off, it prevents another process from continuing to run (it halts it for a pseudo random period of time).

I have submitted a webcase, but i'm trying to see what is going on here has happened to other people.  I have had this issue with 12.3, 13.3, and now 13.4 on two different machines.  Both are running Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.  The largest difference between the two machines was the video card (AMD vs nVidia). 

A good thing is that if I run a simple test bench, it appears to be okay.  However, I'm in a spartan 6.  This is not a small or trivial device and thus for long term verificaiton, a small or trivial test bench will not suffice.  I really want to keep a single workflow and not have to have a seperate simulator (like Aldec) and pay addtionally for it.   I've been okay not being able to display variables and some of the other limits, but getting different results (like 'stable not working at all 'quiet is working) on the same signal is driving me up a wall.   Doing verificaiton by bench testing on 40k lines of VHDL will be the death of me if I can't simulate properly.

0 Kudos
34 Replies
wqb
Observer
Observer

Hi

I just want to add a solution - using 32 bit version even your computer is 64-bit and it works for me. Good luck

0 Kudos
sanjivgarg
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm still having this issue (isim crashing) with 14.7 running on 64-bit windows 7 machine.

I thought this problem was fixed by now?

no error message in the log file.

0 Kudos
sanjivgarg
Adventurer
Adventurer

happening to me also on a 64-bit windows 7 machine with 32G RAM. very frustrating. Since Vivado doesn't support spartan 6 we have no choice but to use ISE. any plans to fix this. what is causing it. There are no error messages.

0 Kudos
gussan-6
Visitor
Visitor

Have you tried this:

A work around that has worked for me is to load iSim, add all the files to the wave window. Then hit the "Re-launch" button in iSim. If I do this every time I start iSim it dosen't crash.

BR,

Gustav

0 Kudos
I am using 14.7 on windows10 since last year. I wasnt getting any isim issues but just few days before system gets hang completely wen I run isim. What shud I do solve this issue. Hang situation remains for long time. Please guide
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos