UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voyager
Voyager

ICAPE2 and FRAME_ECCE2 Simulation

I'm currently investigating the ICAPE2 and FRAME_ECCE2 for 7 Series dynamic reconfiguration, error detection and correction.

I've written a simple example which writes a frame with a single bit error and then reads back the frame data to trigger the FRAME_ECCE2 error detection.

This seems to work well on real hardware (Cmod A7 35T) and produces the expected output, but when I try to simulate it, I get a warning that a frame data file is required for FRAME_ECCE2 and that I should use X_ICAPE2 to generate it. The simulation continues but produces empty output for ICAPE2 and FRAME_ECCE2.

I didn't find anything about X_ICAPE2 in the documentation so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to make it work.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: ICAPE2 and FRAME_ECCE2 Simulation

h,

Simulation of such complex behavior is not done.  As you discover, the part works exactly as described.  The simulation, not.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Re: ICAPE2 and FRAME_ECCE2 Simulation

So what is the X_ICAPE2 mentioned here?

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos