cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[IP_Flow 19-3389] Failed to import IP file. ( simulation source can not add )

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an AXI FIFO IP in the design files. I want to make some simulations by using this AXI FIFO IP in the design sources.

I tried to add this 'AXI FIFO IP' into simulation sources. Received an critical warning : [IP_Flow 19-3389] Failed to import IP file 'C:/......../fifo.xci'  : IP name 'fifo.xci' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

But I want to add 'AXI FIFO IP in the design files' into the simulation source directly. I dont want to add a new fifo into simulation source. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Best Regards,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: [IP_Flow 19-3389] Failed to import IP file. ( simulation source can not add )

Jump to solution

@doner_t,

Check this forum thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Vivado-TCL-Community/Cannot-run-import-ip-twice/td-p/603470

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [IP_Flow 19-3389] Failed to import IP file. ( simulation source can not add )

Jump to solution

@doner_t,

Check this forum thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Vivado-TCL-Community/Cannot-run-import-ip-twice/td-p/603470

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @doner_t,

Did you try to instantiate the IP directly in your test bench? I should work if the IP is already included in you vivado project.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello @florentw,

Did you try to instantiate the IP directly in your test bench? I should work if the IP is already included in you vivado project.

Yes. I instatiated the IP directly in test bench. Still it was not seen in simulation sources. I just wanted to make some simulations by using Axi-FIFO IP where is already in design sources. So,  I created a new project, and add all design sources in the previous project into the this new one. Then I could see now AXI FIFO IP in simulation sources. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos