UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor shumsky
Visitor

IP behavioral simulation in non-project (batch) flow

Hello,

I'm running hundreds of simulations in parallel, therefore I'm interested in non project batch simulation flow.

I've successfully used xvlog, xelab and xsim, however no matter what I do - the simulation runs very slow, I think this is due to functional representatino of our IP (mostly coregen generated FIFOs)

I couldnt find any way of what should I do to make a behavioural simultion of those IPs? What should be used for xvlog/xelab?

Many thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor shumsky
Visitor

Re: IP behavioral simulation in non-project (batch) flow

I'm using vivado 14.1 on centos 64bit
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IP behavioral simulation in non-project (batch) flow

Hi,
You can try multi thread simulation (-mt) disabpe optimizations (-O).
Check page 102 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf for details of options available
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos