UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

ISIM 14.6 crashes when saving waveform

Jump to solution

I have troubles saving wavefrom in ISIM 14.6. Whenever I try to save as the wcfg waveform file, ISIM crashes. ISIM log file contains : Exception at PC 0x00007FFEF9681F28.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ISIM 14.6 crashes when saving waveform

Jump to solution
Most likely cause of the problem could be I am running ISIM in windows 10 and another machine runs windows 7.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @milan_mian

Try reducing the number of signals added to the waveform window and save it.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @vuppala, thanks for your reply. I find it strange that there is no problem with another machine. But, I have problems with machine I use at my home. I am simulating DDR3 MIG example design by xilinx. I get "Test passed" message, but I when I try to save as the waveform. I get the problem. Please help as I do need lot of signals to be present for analysis.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @vuppala. I tried simulation for example design for Block memory generator which has very less signals (5 signals). Yet, ISIM crashed. No of signals or duration of simuation is not the cause of crash. I got Exception at PC 0x00007FFEF9681F28. Please help.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @milan_mian

Which OS are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you are using 64-bit OS, I suggest you to try 32-bit ISE project Navigator, run simulation and save the wave configuration file and see if the same error occurs.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @milan_mian

Looks to be machine specific issue as the example design also failing. Try reinstalling the software and see if that helps.

Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Hi @vijayak, I tried reinstalling entire ISE. But still the problem persists. Please help.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi, @vijayak and @vuppala. I found one more problem (possibly related to the same issue). When I run C:\Xilinx\14.6\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt64\isimgui.exe, it opens without any problem. But when I try to open (from file menu then open), it still crashes.  I also have tried using 32 bit version, yet still the problem persists. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Most likely cause of the problem could be I am running ISIM in windows 10 and another machine runs windows 7.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @milan_mian

Windows-10 is not supported so we have not tested our tool in Windows 10. Unsupported OS could be the reason.

I see that you have a machine with Windows-7 and recommond to use that as it is supported OS.

Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos