UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

ISIM Black-Box No Binding Entity

This issue has been raised before, but not I think for user RTL code, only CoreGen.

I have a design that is working on the bench and actually previously simulated. I need to make a variant of the code so created a new project from scratch. It synthesizes but I cannot simulate it because I get this warning:

[VRFC 10-122] xtx800_toplevel remains a black-box since it has no binding entity ["C:/Xilinx_Projects/XTX800_VC707_SCCC_IF/XTX800_VC707_SCCC_IF.srcs/sim_1/new/XTX800_TOPLEVEL_TB.vhd":274]

ISIM opens but the instantiated component "TOPLEVEL" has not been compiled. In the Simulation Sources window there is a red question mark next to toplevel.vhd. I cannot figure out the reason for this. I copied the source and simulation files to Microsemi Modelsim (its free) and that runs through no problem (see attached).

I deleted toplevel.vhd from the project, re-added it, checked it was set to synthesis and simulation, but still red question mark. I believe the syntax is good or Modelsim would have complained. Nevertheless, as a check I then made a simple RTL file called test.vhd. Again I have the same problem. Both files are in library xil_defaultlib.

Excerpts from my test bench:

-- Declaration

component test
Port ( TEST_I : in STD_LOGIC;
TEST_O : out STD_LOGIC);
end component;

-- Instantiation

U00: test port map ( TEST_I => '0', TEST_O => open);

Anyone seen this before please?

ISIM No Binding.JPG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ISIM Black-Box No Binding Entity

MSIM OK.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @cbemlahe, are the suggestions outlined in AR# 64349 of any use?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply. I did actually see this prior to raising this post. Hierarchy update defaults to "automatic update and compile order" already so no luck there I'm afraid.

0 Kudos

Hi @cbemlahe,

Can you please share a test case with us to investigate this issue at our end. Also, can you please let us know which version of Vivado are you using and please share the vivado.log file.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sorry, I deleted the project and started over (again) only this time it worked... Evidence lost now I'm afraid - lesson for next time...

0 Kudos