UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ISIM doesn't start and initialize simulation

Hi everyone!

Please help my with following trouble. I fight for this since yesterday: I have old,well working project.  Few days ago I came back  to  this, because I have to change one thing. Simulations worked properly, since yesterday. ISIM does not run simulation, I have disabled RUN ALL button, and all wires ar 'X' state (although I initialized them). When I press "Relaunch" I have warning, that program find unexpected problem and I have to look inside isim.log:

ISim log file
Running: C:\Users\KA\Documents\BRT_new\BRT\TOP_MODULE_tb_isim_beh.exe -intstyle ise -gui -tclbatch isim.cmd -wdb C:/Users/KA/Documents/BRT_new/BRT/TOP_MODULE_tb_isim_beh.wdb 
ISim P.20131013 (signature 0x7708f090)
WARNING: A WEBPACK license was found.
WARNING: Please use Xilinx License Configuration Manager to check out a full ISim license.
WARNING: ISim will run in Lite mode. Please refer to the ISim documentation for more information on the differences between the Lite and the Full version.
This is a Lite version of ISim.
Time resolution is 1 ps
# onerror resume
# wave add /
# run 1000 ns
Simulator is doing circuit initialization process.
The simulator has terminated in an unexpected manner.  Please review the ISim log (isim.log) for details.

project was cleaned, ISE was reinstalled, problem occurs on Windows 10 and Windows 7. ISE 14.7 and 14.6.isim.png

Another simulations in workspace works correctly, but problem is in main component. What can I do with this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: ISIM doesn't start and initialize simulation

Hi @karol_abratkiewicz,

Can you please share the design file which is causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: ISIM doesn't start and initialize simulation

Ohhh, I found an error...

First process hasn't condition after always, such:

always 
	begin
		enable_I2C = enable_I2C_T || enable_I2C_P;
	end

instead of

always @(posedge clk_100MHz_i)
	begin
		enable_I2C = enable_I2C_T || enable_I2C_P;