UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

ISIM simulator under Kubuntu 10.10 - Compile error

Re: ISIM simulator under Kubuntu 10.10 - Compile error

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that on Ubuntu 11.04 with ISE 12.4 the simulation works AFTER removing the Xilinx copies of "libstdc++.so*" (note wildcard *) in .../Xilinx/VERSION_NUMBER/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/ (or for 32bit, .../lin/ instead of .../lin64/) and .../Xilinx/VERSION_NUMBER/ISE_DS/ISE/common/lib/lin64/ (or for 32bit .../lin/ instead of .../lin64/) Just as has been said by gudjon.

Without the private copies of these libraries ISE is forced to look for the shared copies (that are made for your system version) which, unlike the private copies, do work.

11GB is a lot of bloatware, what else is in there wasting space and getting in the way of things working right? 11GB is larger then Windows 7!  And why can't they just us the package system like all the *good* linux programs? But I digress...

[ Edited ]

This worked for me, Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit.  Thanks gndrix.

Had to move the old libstdc++.so.6 first.

sudo mv /opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6.old

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6

Thanks sir, this helps also under opensuse 11.3, for which the ISE and planAhead were working already perfectly, but not IUSIM, which now, thanks to your suggestion, works fine for me too!!