UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation passes. Elab fails for Post impleentation simulation saying port not found.

HI all,

I have an IP. I am facing a strange error

The implementation passess. But when I try to run post implementation simulation, it gives the below message(s) for a subIP instantiated in the design.

ERROR: [VRFC 10-426] cannot find port ena on this module [/home/saiuser/Documents/BhawandeepSIngh/XilinxVivado/VivadoProjs/shared_prach_verification/feb4/uplink/uplink.srcs/sources_1/imports/Source/wrapper/cv_len_lut_r8_d16_wrapper_prach.v:35]

I checked the file mentioned on line number mentioned - it is a module instantiation. I checked that instantiated module's definition and it has ena port.

It is just the first error -there are others after this - but I think they are due to this error only.

Anyone has any idea why this could be happening ?

Thanks a lot in advance and sincerely

Bhawandeep SIngh

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Implementation passes. Elab fails for Post impleentation simulation saying port not found.

Hi @bhawandeepsingh,

I hope that you are facing issues in post-implementation functional simulation. Did you try running post-synthesis functional simulation ? Was it working fine ?

There might be a chance of Vivado tool trimming the port. So, can you once check in the synthesis and implementation log to see if you find any info/warning regarding trimming of the port.

0 Kudos