Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davelinney
Visitor
Visitor

Inactivity in MMCM in Vivado Sim

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Have been using Planahead and Modelsim to design with Spartan6 for three years now and never had a problem getting the two to work.

Am moving onto Kintex now using Vivado and have so far failed to get Modelsim to work with Vivado libraries.  So have tried using the Vivado simulator.

Design compiles and elaborates OK but the simulation produces no activity on the MMCM clock outputs.  Have done a little testcase to illustrate.  Its just a sim_top file instantiating a single MMCM.  Source files and compile/elaborate log attached.

You can see that compile and elaborate are succesfull.  unisim, unimacro and secure_ip are included in the xelab instruction, as is glbl.  The MMCM and glbl appear in the scope window.  The clock and reset signals are applied correctly but no clock activity is shown.

Untitled.jpg

Have run the sim out to 1ms but still no signs of life.

There's something real simple I'm missing and I know I'll be horribly embarrassed when the durrr-moment happens but cannot for the life of me see it.

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
digitate
Participant
Participant

sys_clk_p and sys_clk_n are in-phase in your sim. that would be a good place to start.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
digitate
Participant
Participant

sys_clk_p and sys_clk_n are in-phase in your sim. that would be a good place to start.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dahenk
Explorer
Explorer
Quite unrelated I know (sorry), but does anyone know if that "shaded" transparent green area underneath a signal in a high state is possible to get in Modelsim?
I get confused sometimes when there are just a bunch of parallel lines in the waveform.
0 Kudos
davelinney
Visitor
Visitor

I kind of knew it would be embarrassing.

Can't believe I didn't see that.  After all the struggles I'd had trying to get Modelsim working, was not looking for anything that simple.

Thanks Digitate!

P.S. have never seen any way of improving the highlighting in Modelsim.  It does get a bit unreadable at times.

0 Kudos