UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor alex490
Visitor

Isim 14.7 crash

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

I have this following problem with Isim:

when I run a testbench works fine , but when i try to save it or open a .wdb file isim crashes.

I also try to open the .wdb file manually writing in the Console:

open <filename>.wdb but it appears file05f (for example) but nothing else appears.

the error is 'child killed: segmentation violation'

What can i do?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Isim 14.7 crash

Jump to solution

Hello @alex490,

Thanks for sharing your solution. It may help other users who face such similar issue.

Please close this thread.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Jump to solution
Hi,

Did you try reinstalling ISE?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @alex490,

Are you facing the ISIM crash, specific to one project or for all the ISE projects?

If it is specific to one project then can you share the design file for us to reproduce the issue.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi,

Which OS you are using?
If you are using 64 bit tools please try to use 32 bit and see if its works. If yes, then use this as workaround.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @alex490

Did the suggestions helped you solving the issue? Post the status here.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor alex490
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you all guys!

I'm aswering only now but i was very busy with the work.

Initially i ran ISE at 32-bit(and worked) but it;s a slow.

Then I solved the problem changing the dll files according to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttPbEcNjdo8

Best Regards,

Alessio

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @alex490,

Thanks for sharing your solution. It may help other users who face such similar issue.

Please close this thread.

--Syed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm using xilinx ise 14.7, whenever i opened the simulation it get crashed..few months before it was working fine. i tried reinstalling several times but no change. i attached the screenshot of the simulation window. I'm using windows 8.

Simulation  Not Loaded.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @vjkaran,

Xilinx ISE14.7 is not supported on windows 8. Please refer https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf for supported OS. It is recommended to use Vivado Design Suite for win8 and above.

Thanks,

Srimayee

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi SriMaye,

But i used it before 14.7 in windows 8 and it worked very well. very recently it is not working properly, is there any way i could get it working again?

0 Kudos