cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Issue saying ERROR: [VRFC 10-113] <path>.sdb needs to be re-saved since <sverilog_library>.<sverilog_package> changed

Hello,

First of all let me say that I use custom scripts to simulate my designs, which allows me to run unit testing and generate/run simulation programatically. I basically compile/elaborate and run the simuation from the command line and then use vivado as a bare waveform viewer.

That said, after upgrading to Vivado 2017.2 I have often seen an error saying:

ERROR: [VRFC 10-113] <path>.sdb needs to be re-saved since <sverilog_library>.<sverilog_package> changed. The only way around this I have found is deleting all my previously compiled libraries and waves and re-launching the simulation.

I have searched around and all reported issues I have found have to do with VHDL files not being set as VHDL-2008, which I don't think has anything to do with this (my design is 80% SystemVerilog, besides, the issue is intermittent). The issue seems to appear when I make modifications to that SystemVerilog package referenced in the message...

Does anyone know how can I solve this without having to delete all my previosly compiled files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Issue saying ERROR: [VRFC 10-113] <path>.sdb needs to be re-saved since <sverilog_library>.<sverilog_package> changed

Hi @arquer,

If you are trying to run standalone simulation on existing design using updated version of vivado, you need to re-compile the design.

If you are running through GUI, Tool will ask you to upgrade the project.

Thanks,

Sunilkumar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Issue saying ERROR: [VRFC 10-113] <path>.sdb needs to be re-saved since <sverilog_library>.<sverilog_package> changed

Hi @sunilku,

This can't be the issue. My simulation has nothing compiled with previous versions of vivado, everything is compiled when needed (through makefile-style dependencies) with the same version of Vivado.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@arquer wrote:

The issue seems to appear when I make modifications to that SystemVerilog package referenced in the message...

After you edit the sv package that has been pre-compiled, I expect the error to occur if the out-of-date sv library is still referenced. You need to re-compile the package.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos