Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enonlay
Visitor
Visitor

LowRIsc-chip elaborate problems

Hello,

I maked the lowrisc-chip project by the 'make vivado' and successfully run synthesis, generated the bistream and programmed the Nexys4_DDR board. But when I run behavior simulation in vivado, I meet an error like

[USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s) while executing '/home/tools/lowrisc-chip-refresh-v0.6/fpga/board/nexys4_ddr/lowrisc-chip-imp/lowrisc-chip-imp.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim/elaborate.sh ' script. Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions and the Tcl console output for any other possible errors or warnings.

I have 'chmod 777' the script but its useless. Then I check the 'elaborate.log', but there is only warning, no error.

How can I get more accurate messages and find bug.

In addition, I have try that deleting the 'xsim' folder, reloading the project and restarting the vivado, which is all useless.

Can I get some help?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
harikade
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Kindly have a look at elaborate.log file. If you see no information in that log, please share your design with us along with OS and vivado version.

Thanks,

Harika.

0 Kudos
Enonlay
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your kindly regards.

My vivado version is 2018.3 and OS is ubuntu16.04 which is recommended by Lowrisc.

As for my design, I dont change any part of it, and I just want to run the behavior simulation to check the waveform. This project is same to the project in Lowrisc.org.

I attach the elaborate.log and hope I would do a little help.

0 Kudos
harikade
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

We do not have access to get the design from website, Kindly provide us the design. Also, please try xelab command with '-v 2' switch to get more information.

Thanks,

Harika.

0 Kudos