Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajasan
Adventurer
Adventurer

MIssing unisim libraries in ModelSIM

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to run a simulation in ModelSIM 10.1b from Vivado.

I have run the following command to add unisim libraries to sim environments

compile_simlib -simualtor modelsim

Even after that, while running simulation I get the "unisim.vcomponets not found"error.

#################################################################################

# ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find unisim.vcomponents.
#
# ** Error: D:/Asan Jasima/IndoAust/Sim/CellOS_V1.0_Apr11/cpri_ip_example/cpri_ip_example.srcs/sources_1/imports/example_design/support/cpri_ip_csl_synchronizer.vhd(65): (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name "unisim.vcomponents".
#
# ** Error: D:/Asan Jasima/IndoAust/Sim/CellOS_V1.0_Apr11/cpri_ip_example/cpri_ip_example.srcs/sources_1/imports/example_design/support/cpri_ip_csl_synchronizer.vhd(65): Unknown expanded name.
# ** Error: D:/Asan Jasima/IndoAust/Sim/CellOS_V1.0_Apr11/cpri_ip_example/cpri_ip_example.srcs/sources_1/imports/example_design/support/cpri_ip_csl_synchronizer.vhd(67): VHDL Compiler exiting
# ** Error: D:/modelsim_dlx_10.1b/win32pe/vcom failed.

#########################################################################################

Is there any other commands/libraries to be added.

Thanks,

Asan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Setting compile_simlib main output directory to 'D:\Asan Jasima\IndoAust\Sim\CellOS_V1.0_Apr11\CellOS_XC7Z030.cache\compile_simlib'.

Use compile_simlib -directory to specify the location where the compiled libraries have to be stored.

The current output location had spaces in it so please specify a different location.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Asan,

Are you able to see unisim folder in the compiled library location?

If yes, follow below steps:

1. After modelsim gui invokes, click on the library tab

2. Navigate and select unisim in the libaries list

3. Right-click and select refresh

4. Run the .do file again,

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
ajasan
Adventurer
Adventurer

I did the same and the issue is not resolved.

it shows unisim library like this:

unisim(empty)

Does this give any clue?

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you attach your compile_simlib.log file?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
ajasan
Adventurer
Adventurer

Please let me know where to find the log file. I searched in the vivado project folder. couldn't find

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

From where did you run compile_simlib command?

Run pwd command to know the present working directory. The log file will be seen at the same location.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
ajasan
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks Deepika. Please find the log file attached

0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
BEGIN_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(modelsim:vhdl:unisim)
** Error: (vcom-7) Failed to open -f file "D:\Asan" in read mode.

No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

Do you have access to the directory?
Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Try compiling the libraries again by removing the space in the directory path.

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Setting compile_simlib main output directory to 'D:\Asan Jasima\IndoAust\Sim\CellOS_V1.0_Apr11\CellOS_XC7Z030.cache\compile_simlib'.

Use compile_simlib -directory to specify the location where the compiled libraries have to be stored.

The current output location had spaces in it so please specify a different location.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ajasan
Adventurer
Adventurer

Deepika's response gave me a clue.i.e, access to this folder "D:/Asan"?

A folder's name contained a "space" inbetween and it delimited the path with that. and hence searching in the wrong path.

Now I replaced space with dot and it worked.

Thank you all for your responses.

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Great. Please close the thread by marking the answer.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
emcalnan
Observer
Observer

Thanks for giving an example of the invocation of the compile_simlib command.  I tried this command several times based on what I found in UG900 and got an error regarding an unknown simulator.   I never did find the document that mentioned the need for the -simulator modelsim option.  I figured Vivado would take this information from the project settings.

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello @emcalnan

Vivado takes the -simulator_exec_path from project settings but -simulator needs to be specified manually.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos