Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hisleo
Visitor
Visitor

Mig 7 Series example simulation fail

Jump to solution

Hi,

I generate IP MIG (V7) for my design(2014 / 2016/2017, 3 versions of vivado tried).

For the example design, if I simulate by vivado itself, it is pass;  but if I simulate by VCS or IRUN, it failed on pi_phaselock_err.  

I could not find out the reason. Can anybody meet this problem?

3Q

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hisleo
Visitor
Visitor

Finally, the problem was resolved. The reason is cause by my makefile, VE add incorrect option "+delay_mode_zero" whcich cause the error

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thakurr

Hi @hisleo

What exactly the error you get while simulating in VCS or IRUN?

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
hisleo
Visitor
Visitor

init_calibrate fail. I did basic waveform debug, find timeout when calibration fsm_state is 0x26.  Right FSM jump condition should  phaselock is high, but need appear.  

And when calibration start, most signal for ddr interface is still x state.  And from the waveform, I can watched that the input signals for phy_top is same for VCS and xsim simulation.

I would past waveform and log next monday

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hisleo

Try running the scripts ies_run.sh/vcs_run.sh located in project_1/mig_7series_0_example/mig_7series_0_example.srcs/sim_1/im
ports/sim folder.

Ensure that the version of VCS/IES used is supported with Vivado. Refer to vivado install and release notes for details.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
hisleo
Visitor
Visitor

Finally, the problem was resolved. The reason is cause by my makefile, VE add incorrect option "+delay_mode_zero" whcich cause the error

View solution in original post

0 Kudos