Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Missing Module in Simulation

Jump to solution

I'm trying to simulate a simple AXI C2C setup. A test bench with a AXI transaction source, axi_master_sim which feeds an axi chip2chip master over select IO to a axi chip2chip slave driving an interconnect which drives 2 register blocks. When I run the simulation I only get one register block is being shown. This is part of a much larger system and I just wanted to make sure I can address 2 different address spaces. But since the second register block is not showing up I can't test that. I have uploaded screen shots of the items of interest and since the register blocks are done in the block diagram editor I don't see what I could have done wrong.

Can anyone help?

Regards, Ray Haynes, Ostendo Technologies, Inc. Carlsbad, CA
axi_top_blk.jpg
SimTree.jpg
address.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Missing Module in Simulation

Jump to solution

Ok, found the bug. I placed one register block then I did a CTRL+left mouse drag to duplicate the block. Bad User!!!! Even though the GUI clearly shows it's copying the block it won't simulate correctly. If I place both instances from the IP catalog then they show up in the simulation. I add that to my increasing heap of things not to do.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Hey @rayhaynes,

Maybe optimization kicks in and removes one of the blocks, or joins them into one block?

Just guessing here,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Ok, found the bug. I placed one register block then I did a CTRL+left mouse drag to duplicate the block. Bad User!!!! Even though the GUI clearly shows it's copying the block it won't simulate correctly. If I place both instances from the IP catalog then they show up in the simulation. I add that to my increasing heap of things not to do.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos