UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Missing Module in Simulation

Jump to solution

I'm trying to simulate a simple AXI C2C setup. A test bench with a AXI transaction source, axi_master_sim which feeds an axi chip2chip master over select IO to a axi chip2chip slave driving an interconnect which drives 2 register blocks. When I run the simulation I only get one register block is being shown. This is part of a much larger system and I just wanted to make sure I can address 2 different address spaces. But since the second register block is not showing up I can't test that. I have uploaded screen shots of the items of interest and since the register blocks are done in the block diagram editor I don't see what I could have done wrong.

Can anyone help?

Regards, Ray Haynes, Ostendo Technologies, Inc. Carlsbad, CA
axi_top_blk.jpg
SimTree.jpg
address.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Missing Module in Simulation

Jump to solution

Ok, found the bug. I placed one register block then I did a CTRL+left mouse drag to duplicate the block. Bad User!!!! Even though the GUI clearly shows it's copying the block it won't simulate correctly. If I place both instances from the IP catalog then they show up in the simulation. I add that to my increasing heap of things not to do.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Hey @rayhaynes,

Maybe optimization kicks in and removes one of the blocks, or joins them into one block?

Just guessing here,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Ok, found the bug. I placed one register block then I did a CTRL+left mouse drag to duplicate the block. Bad User!!!! Even though the GUI clearly shows it's copying the block it won't simulate correctly. If I place both instances from the IP catalog then they show up in the simulation. I add that to my increasing heap of things not to do.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos