Highlighted
Participant
Participant

ModelSim ERROR: unisim.vcomponents

Hi,

I have these lines in my code:

library UNISIM;
use UNISIM.Vcomponents.ALL

and when I tried to vcom the vhd file that has that code in modelsim, I got this error:

# ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find unisim.vcomponents.
# ** Error: ./../rtl/rtl_reorg/psa_d/psa_core/clock_gen/dll_div_s3e.vhd(27): (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name: 'unisim.vcomponents'.
# ** Error: ./../rtl/rtl_reorg/psa_d/psa_core/clock_gen/dll_div_s3e.vhd(27): Unknown record element "vcomponents".
# ** Error: ./../rtl/rtl_reorg/psa_d/psa_core/clock_gen/dll_div_s3e.vhd(30): VHDL Compiler exiting

any idea how to resolve this??

many thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

nevermind this...

I found it out... just had to copy all unisim vhd files to unisim directory of modelsim, and compile them separately...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hi

I have found the same problem as you discover. I read your solution but i dont' understand it. can you describe useing more detail exactly what files, from where and what is destination files to copy this things.

best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

you can find unisim files in your Xilinx installation directory, in my case:

C:\Xilinx\webpack10.1\ISE\vhdl\src\unisims

what I did was, I copied those necessary files to my simulation directory.  then, your modelsim .do file will have to compile them:

vcom -93 -explicit -reportprogress 300 -work unisim  {./XilinxCoreLib/unisim_vcomp.vhd}

vcom -93 -explicit -reportprogress 300 -work unisim  {./XilinxCoreLib/unisim_VPKG.vhd}
   vcom -93 -explicit -reportprogress 300 -work unisim  {./XilinxCoreLib/bufg.vhd}
   vcom -93 -explicit -reportprogress 300 -work unisim  {./XilinxCoreLib/ibufg.vhd}
   vcom -93 -explicit -reportprogress 300 -work unisim  {./XilinxCoreLib/dcm_sp.vhd}

give that a try...

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello all...

I am having the same problem as below.can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello all...

I am having te same problem as below.Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Copying the simulation library files to your working directory isn't the best way.  Instead you should run the compxlib program to compile the libraries correctly for your simulator.  More information can be found here:

http://www.xilinx.com/itp/xilinx10/isehelp/pp_p_process_compile_hdl_simulation_libraries.htm

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Than you very much...that helped!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I have these lines in my code:

library UNISIM;
use UNISIM.Vcomponents.ALL

and when I tried to vcom the vhd file that has that code in modelsim, I got this error:

# ** Error: des.vhd(20): Library unisim not found.
# ** Error: des.vhd(21): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "unisim".
# ** Error: des.vhd(23): VHDL Compiler exiting
# ** Error: d:/win32xoem/vcom failed.

how to solve this errors?

please reply me

0 Kudos
Highlighted

thank you so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

This is a simple problem...each time i forget where it come from ..and then i have to solve the problem again ..

Well the problem in Questasim or Modelsim. is in the file modelsim.ini ..You have to declare where the compiled libraries are .For example

unisim = c:/XILINX/libs2018/unisim 

and all the others you need 

libs2018 is the directory where you compiled the simulation libraries ant the libraries depend of th Vivado version and it has to be supported by the Modelsim version you have ...Not all work ...look for the compatibility  list from Xilinx site .. this is all there is ...

It has nothing to do with Vivado....it is a Questa-Modelsim problem .It can't find the libraries ,as your modelsim.ini is missing information .........or your file is not in the Modelsim path

0 Kudos