UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie jparrish

Modelsim Timing Issue - Virtex-6 coregenned FIFO

I've been experiencing some issues transitioning from older Virtex-4 LogiCore fifos (generated in ISE 10) to newer Virtex-6 fifos (generated in ISE 12).

When I simulate one of the older fifos using Xilinx ISE 10 simulation libraries, my data_out line changes exactly one clock cycle after rd_en goes high (see screenshot).

When I simulate one of the newer fifos using Xilinx ISE 12 simulation libraries and with the same testbench (only difference is which core is instantiated), the data_out line changes one clock cycle + 100 ps after rd_en goes high (see screenshot).

This 100 ps delay seems to be caused by the "SYNC_PATH_DELAY" after statement in the .vhdl models.  However, I also can see that the Virtex-4 models include this "SYNC_PATH_DELAY" yet they don't exhibit the same simulation behavior.

Note that I have tested this with both behavioral and structural coregen fifos.  The results are identical.

Is this behavior intended?  Ideally, I would like my Virtex-6 simulation to function identically to the Virtex-4 simulation so I can verify my logic still works correctly.

modelsim_fifo_v4.PNG
0 Kudos