Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micrelrogerlo
Participant
Participant

Module 'B_GTXE2_CHANNEL' is not defined

Jump to solution

Hi,

Recently I generated an transceiver IP from IP catalog  (Vivado 2014.4) to support SGMII function in FPGA.

While running Questa simulator (version 10.6C), tool gave me the following Error.

-- Loading module gtwizard_1_gtwizard_1_GT

-- Loading module FPGA_TECH_LIB.SRLC32E

-- Loading module FPGA_TECH_LIB.GTXE2_CHANNEL

** Error: /pkg/xilinx-2014.4/Vivado/2014.4/data/verilog/src/unisims/GTXE2_CHANNEL.v(3209): Module 'B_GTXE2_CHANNEL' is not defined.

After checking Forum to find any clue, I got 1) simulator version may not support the function; newer version is needed. 2) Vivado 2015.3 or newer version is needed.

I checked Xilinx document and get Questa version 10.2 or newer is okay so my simulator (Rev 10.6C) should be fine.

I also regenerated transceiver IP using Vivado 2016.3. However, I still get the same error. Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks.

Roger

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bandi

Hi @micrelrogerlo,

I am glad to know that the issue got resolved.

can you please close the thread by marking your post as accepted solution, this will be helpful for future users reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This  issue is due to secureip libraries. 

From the vsim launch command, You can see that reference to the secureIP library is missing which is causing this error. Upon adding the following switch -L secureip the issue can be resolved.
Referencing to the vsim command,  the complete command should be:
vsim "+notimingchecks" -t 1ps -voptargs="+acc" -L work -L vivado_libs_questa/simprims_ver -L vivado_libs_questa/unimacro_ver -L vivado_libs_questa/unisims_ver -L vivado_libs_questa/unifast_ver L vivado_libs_questa /secureip work.tb_aur2aur_top glbl
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @micrelrogerlo,

Did you complete compile_simlib successfully? Can you please share the compile_simlib.log file and the complete command you used to compile the libraries. Also, ensure that the Compiled Library Location is set to the folder where you had compiled the libraries using compile_simlib.

Please check if the below post helps:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Module-B-GTHE2-CHANNEL-is-not-defined/td-p/390745

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
micrelrogerlo
Participant
Participant

Hi Balkrishan,

Thanks for your information. I will follow your instruction to resolve this case.

Hi Sravanthi B,

I need to pass the information to our CAD engineer to update the simulation environment. Once I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Roger

0 Kudos
micrelrogerlo
Participant
Participant

Hi Balkrishan,

Our CAD engineer tried it. It's not working.

He used the following switch in vopt:

-L work -L /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/ids_lite/ISE/verilog/src/simprims -L /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/verilog/src/unimacro -L /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/verilog/src/unisims -L /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/verilog/src/unifast -L /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/parts/xilinx/rtl/lib /pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/secureip

Attached please find the log file.

Any clue?   Thanks.

Roger

0 Kudos
micrelrogerlo
Participant
Participant

Hi Balkrishan,

Our CAD engineer has resolved this issue. He found out we missing one library file on our compilation list. (highlighted in bold)

FPGA_TECH_LIB_SRCS = \
/pkg/xilinx-2016.3/Vivado/2016.3/data/secureip/gtxe2_*/*.vp \
$(XILINX)/verilog/src/glbl.v \
$(XILINX)/verilog/src/unisims/*.v \

This case id closed. Thanks.

Roger

0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @micrelrogerlo,

I am glad to know that the issue got resolved.

can you please close the thread by marking your post as accepted solution, this will be helpful for future users reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

View solution in original post

0 Kudos