UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netlist Simulation Error :

Hi,

I am trying to compile a simple memory controller design in vcs with unisims dir as library. I am running into these three errors. Appreciate help. I am not using Vivado generated scripts. I tried with DDR4 controller as well as with xDMA, two separate runs, both run into same error. 

Is there any library am I missing to add? I could not find SIP*.. module in Vivado installation directory. 

Appreciate help.

Regards,

Shreyas 

Error-[URMI] Unresolved modules
/home/cad/tools/xilinx/Vivado/LATEST/data/verilog/src/unisims/GTHE3_CHANNEL.v, 3726
"SIP_GTHE3_CHANNEL #(.SIM_RECEIVER_DETECT_PASS(SIM_RECEIVER_DETECT_PASS_REG), .SIM_RESET_SPEEDUP(SIM_RESET_SPEEDUP_REG),

.SIM_TX_EIDLE_DRIVE_LEVEL(SIM_TX_EIDLE_DRIVE_LEVEL_REG), .SIM_VERSION(SIM_VERSION_REG)) SIP_GTHE3_CHANNEL_INST( .ACJTAG_DEBUG_MODE (ACJTAG_DEBUG_MODE_REG), .ACJTAG_MODE 

/home/cad/tools/xilinx/Vivado/LATEST/data/verilog/src/unisims/GTHE3_COMMON.v, 759
"SIP_GTHE3_COMMON #(.SIM_RESET_SPEEDUP(SIM_RESET_SPEEDUP_REG), .SIM_VERSION(SIM_VERSION_REG)) SIP_GTHE3_COMMON_INST( .AEN_BGBS0 (AEN_BGBS0_REG), .AEN_BGBS1 (AEN_BGBS1_REG), .AEN_MASTER0

/home/cad/tools/xilinx/Vivado/LATEST/data/verilog/src/unisims/PCIE_3_1.v, 8089
"SIP_PCIE_3_1 #(.MCAP_ENABLE_PAR(MCAP_ENABLE), .SIM_JTAG_IDCODE(SIM_JTAG_IDCODE)) SIP_PCIE_3_1_INST( .ARI_CAP_ENABLE (ARI_CAP_ENABLE_REG), .AXISTEN_IF_CC_ALIGNMENT_MODE (AXISTEN_IF_CC_ALIGNMENT_MODE_REG), .AXISTEN_IF_CC_PARITY_CHK (AXISTEN_IF_CC_PARITY_CHK_REG),

0 Kudos
17 Replies

Re: Netlist Simulation Error :

Hi sshah@esperantotech.com

Which Vivado version you are using and what is VCS version? Firstly you need to make sure that you are using supported VCS version with the Vivado version you are using. With Vivado 2017.4, the supported VCS version is mentioned in the below link, page 11:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Also were you able to compile the unisim libraries successfully using the below command or in the Vivado GUI? Are there any errors or warnings?

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -simulator_exec_path <> -family all -language all -library unisim -dir {<project_path>/my_project.cache/compile_simlib}

Could you try scripts created by Vivado using export_simulation command, run in VCS and let us know if you are facing similar errors? Refer UG900 for info on the command.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hi I ran the command you mentioned in tcl window. it went through... 

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -family all -language all -library unisim -dir {<project_path>/my_project.cache/compile_simlib}

I see new directories created under /project.cache/compile_simlib/vcs ... there are no files in the directory. 

Regards,

Shreyas

0 Kudos

Forgot to mention, it can not find synopsys_sim.setup file. 

0 Kudos

This is the error I get during compilation

Boost: File_system: copy_file : No such file or directory "synopsys_sim.setup", /home... project.cache/compile_simlib/synopsys_sim.setup

I copied synopsys_sim.setup from my xilinx directory to project.cache ... still same error as above.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi sshah@esperantotech.com,

" ran the command you mentioned in tcl window. it went through... 

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -family all -language all -library unisim -dir {<project_path>/my_project.cache/compile_simlib}"

Did you see any errors in the compile_simlib.log which gets generated when you run this command?

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos

Hi Srimayee,

yes, I notice the two errors  repeated in logfile.

Error: can not update non-existent setup file synopsys_sim.setup

Error: Failed to update the setup file for simulator vcs_mx. Library verilog.secureip will not be compiled. 

I copied my synopsys_sim.setup from xilinx directory to project.cache directory, it did not help. 

Regards,

Shreyas

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi sshah@esperantotech.com,

Can you try by giving the executable path explicitly :

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -family all -language all  -library unisim -dir {<project_path>/my_project.cache/compile_simlib}  -simulator_exec_path {<vcs executable path till your bin>}

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos

Explicit path does not work, it appends with my project path and try to find vcs in that dir, e.g. 

/home/eng/sshah/home/cad/tools/snps ... not found. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

That is not expected. Which OS are you using?

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos

Hi Srimaye,

I use Centos 7.2

Regards,

Shreyas

0 Kudos

Hi sshah@esperantotech.com,

Have you tried  copying the "Synopsys_sim.setup" file from the Synopsis installation directory to the current working directory, then try to compile the simulation libraries and check if it helps.

0 Kudos

here is the log. higher level question, is vcs_mx supported 3rd party tool to compile sim_lib? 

1. By explicitly specifying the path for vcs.. it gave me error. tried different variants, e.g. removed the link (LATEST) to explicit path to N-12... etc .. did not help.

2. i tried without specifying the explicit path

ERROR: [Vivado 12-5500] Simulator executable path specified with the -simulator_exec_path switch does not exist! '/home/cad/tools/snps/vcs/N-2017.12-1//bin/ '

This log is for without specifying the explicit path 

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -family all -language all -library unisim -dir {/home/eng/sshah/Test/Test.cache/compile_simlib}
INFO: [Vivado 12-4753] Extracting data from the IP repository...(this may take a while, please wait)...

INFO: [setup_ip_static_library-Tcl-23] Data extracted from repository. Inspected 393 IP libraries.

INFO: [Vivado 12-5496] Finding simulator executables and checking version...
INFO: [Vivado 12-5498] Processing source library information for the selected device family (default:all) ...

Compiling libraries for 'vcs_mx' in '/home/eng/sshah/Test/Test.cache/compile_simlib'

Compiling verilog library 'secureip'...
compile_simlib: 2 error(s), 2 warning(s), 0.30 % complete

Compiling vhdl library 'unisim'...execve failed: No such file or directory

0 Kudos

Hi sshah@esperantotech.com

I guess the error below could be caused because of the use of unsupported characters in the directory names[hyphen(-) and backslash(/)]

ERROR: [Vivado 12-5500] Simulator executable path specified with the -simulator_exec_path switch does not exist! '/home/cad/tools/snps/vcs/N-2017.12-1//bin/ '

Could you rename the directory paths with supported characters as per below link, Appendix B and specify the path explicitly while running compile_simlib command?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_4/ug895-vivado-system-level-design-entry.pdf

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit, I am trying based on your suggestion.. will let you know.

0 Kudos

i created a link in my home directory for vcs, changed language to verilog. 

It can not find vhdl library.

compile_simlib -simulator vcs -family all -language verilog -library unisim -dir {/home/eng/sshah/Test/Test.cache/compile_simlib} -simulator_exec_path {/home/eng/sshah/}
WARNING: [Vivado 12-5377] Language specific library compilation for IPs is not supported. By default, the libraries will be compiled for all languages.
INFO: [Vivado 12-4753] Extracting data from the IP repository...(this may take a while, please wait)...

INFO: [setup_ip_static_library-Tcl-23] Data extracted from repository. Inspected 393 IP libraries.

INFO: [Vivado 12-5496] Finding simulator executables and checking version...
INFO: [Vivado 12-5498] Processing source library information for the selected device family (default:all) ...

Compiling libraries for 'vcs_mx' in '/home/eng/sshah/Test/Test.cache/compile_simlib'

Compiling verilog library 'secureip'...
compile_simlib: 2 error(s), 2 warning(s), 0.30 % complete

Compiling vhdl library 'unisim'...execve failed: No such file or directory

0 Kudos

i am using Centos 7.0. 

Regards,

Shreyas

0 Kudos
Newbie ckmufeng

I meet the same error!

i add the "-f $(XILINX_VIVADO/data/secureip/secureip_cell.list.f" to the vcs makefile.

the error disappear。 

0 Kudos