cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
w18kev

Newbie - Stuck and in need of some help - VHDL simulation using XiLinx (error:HDLCompiler:806)

Hi All,

I am a uni student, designing a vending machine. I am trying to simulate it in VHDL using Xilinx.

I have errors on all the lines with a new state (S1/S2/S3/S4).

Can anyone see why? Im struggling here!

Many thanks in advance :)

Code is attached.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

Please tell me that you're not writing VHDL code in Microsoft Word...

Can you post what the errors are?

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @w18kev,

You are a newbie so here are some rules you might want to follow on the forum (which should help you to get a better help):

• "Newbie - Stuck and in need of some help :)" - this is not a good title for a post on the forum. You should describe your issue in the title. This way, if somebody knows he can see from the title if he can help you or not. Not everybody wants to read everypost (I would even say nobody). Here it should have at least contained VHDL and maybe the error message you have
  • You post is not in the correct forum. If you had the error message after synthesis, if should be under synthesis
  • You are not describing your issue. Same, as @u4223374 mentioned, nobody likes reading someone else's code. Paste the error message / a screenshot of vivado. Then post your code attached for reference (if somebody knows he will read the codee to find what could be wrong)

To conclude: Do not expect the forum to do everything for you. The forum is here to assist you, not do all the work for you.

Give more information and you will get more help

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
shameera

Hi @w18kev,

As, you are a newbie. Please make sure that you follow the suggestions of @florentw so that you can get quick support from the forum.

Regarding this post, the issue is with the syntax of the code where you have used else if rather than elsif which was showing errors at (S1/S2/S3/S4). Here, I have attached the modified VHDL file for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Shameer.

0 Kudos
w18kev

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

The code was written using ISE design suite 14.6 and I copied it into word to attach to this forum.

When I perform 'behavioral check syntax' I get ERROR:HDLCompiler:806. I have attached a screenshot of the error message and I have highlighted the first line with the error.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@w18kev,

You are having a syntax error and it is shown by ISE.

when s1 => ;

Syntax errors are simple enough to be searched out and resolved by the code-writer.

Just use the code given above from sameera - fsm_for.vhd ‏2 KB

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
w18kev

Thank you very much!

All help and assistance well received and appreciated.

0 Kudos