UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

One of the attribute WRITE_WIDTH_B or READ_WIDTH_A must set to 72 when RAM_MODE = SDP

Hello everyone,

I instantiate a RAMB32E1 primitive in my design, and set :

1) RAM_MODE=SDP;

2) WRITE_WIDTH_B=18, READ_WIDTH_B=18; // write port

3) WRITE_WIDTH_A=4, READ_WIDTH_A=4;  // read port

Then, i simulate my design with ISIM,  the simulation result is right, the read datas are the same as the written datas,but a DRC error exists :

"

DRC Error : One of the attribute WRITE_WIDTH_B or READ_WIDTH_A must set to 72 when RAM_MODE = SDP

"

Then i try to change READ_WIDTH_A to 72, but the read datas are not my needed.

So, is it a bug ? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

Re: One of the attribute WRITE_WIDTH_B or READ_WIDTH_A must set to 72 when RAM_MODE = SDP

How do you expect port A to map to port B?  They do not map properly 

If the widths are different, you need to have one port a multiple of the other.  So with Port B = 18 bits, Port A can only be 9 bits. 

If Port B is 16, then port A can be 1/2/4/8/16/32 bits.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: One of the attribute WRITE_WIDTH_B or READ_WIDTH_A must set to 72 when RAM_MODE = SDP

Thanks for your reply.

1. The valid values for Read Widthand Write Width attritutes are 0,1,2,4,9,18,36, there are no 8,16,32;

2. My doubt is why WRITE_WIDTH_B or READ_WIDTH_A must set to 72 when RAM_MODE = SDP ?

3. If i want to write 16bits and read 4bits in SDP mode, how should i set  WRITE_WIDTH_B, READ_WIDTH_B, WRITE_WIDTH_A, READ_WIDTH_A attributes ?

4 I simulate the same code in vivado, there are no drc errors.

0 Kudos