Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reto
Observer
Observer

Parameter propagation AXI4Stream

Hello Xilinx

My IP written in VHDL has a Axi4 Stream interface Slave and Master interface. It is packaged via a TCL script and can be imported into Vivado.
I would like to activate parameter propagation, so that Tdata width, Tid width, TUser and others are set automatically.

Where can I find information about this?
Do I need to implement this by TCL or is there a set of defined generic names?
What do I need to do, that my bd/bd.tcl is exectued? How can I check if it was executed? (Trying to add some syntax error to make it fail, did not work; Can I force the call of the functions somehow?)

Thank you
Kind regards
Reto Meier

What I found so far:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
amaccre

Hi @Reto ,

Have a look at User Guide 1118 which covers creating and packaging custom IP along with creating interfaces and custom parameters.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reto
Observer
Observer

Hi @amaccre 

Thank you for your answer.
I have figured it out already.

For those looking into a similar issue:
Read UG994 chapter 6. This are the most informative pages I was able to find. 
Important to see: The parameter propagation does not take place immediately. It is only done when the design is "Validated".

As far as I know there is no user guide or anything helping the user to get started with this. 
You need to have a look at the TCL code of similar IP (in my case AXI Stream) and check how it is done there. 

0 Kudos