03-01-2018 11:24 PM
I suddenly face a problem with the VIVADO simulator that I unfortunateley cannot fix. (VIVADO 2017.4)
It is a strange thing because the simulation worked many times before and now it fails every time.
After starting the simulation, the message in attachment SimBug1 appears, then SimBug2 and so on.
Basically it says "simulation snapshot TB_BTC_Module_time_impl
Could not remove the obj directory: boost::filesystem::remove: Das Verzeichnis ist nicht leer: "xsim.dir/TB_BTC_Module_time_impl/obj" ("Das Verzeichnis ist nicht leer" means "The directory is not empty").
When I look into this dir with the file explorer, it _IS_ empty.
In earlier issues like this I removed the dir manually and the simulation succeeded, but now not longer. I tried to reset all simulations using the appripriate buttons in the simulation menu, no result. I tried to delete all subdirs below sim_1, no result.
Any idea how to fix this??
03-02-2018 12:04 AM
Can you try launching Vivado from tcl console running below command?
Also try changing the project location if it helps you.
03-02-2018 12:55 AM
thanks for your reply.
What is "<project_path>/project_xsim.sim/sim_1/behav/testbench_behav"??
First of all, after deleting all prevoius simulation results, a dir "behav" does not exist. So I ran a behav simulation again which works perfectly (like before).
Then, all my resource files (including test benches) reside within the top level dir and not in some dark subdirs like ProjName.srcs\sources_1\... what never has been a problem.
My top level project dir is "VCU108" and all my resource files reside within this dir.
When I now follow your proposal and run
I get the error message
ERROR: [Simtcl 6-30] Unable to locate simulation image at 'xsim.dir/TB_BTC_Module_behav/xsimk.exe'
I do not know how the program creates the full path to xsim.dir but the rest of the path to xsimk.exe exists.
As I mentioned before, the problem only arises when I run the post implmentation timing simulation, behavioral works.
As a next try, I copied the whole project dir into a new one and startet the post implementation timing simulation, the problem persists.
As a next step, I created a new simulation set (sim_2) and startet a new simulation, the problem persists.
I now have to work on other projects and come back to this issue later.