UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie leepoult

Post netlist simulation for FPGA debugging; how can I pre-load a file into FPGA block memory?

Hello,

I'm doing post-netlist simulation with place&routed netlist and SDF from Vivado.

I use VCS for simulator and I can successfully compiled my netlist and SDF.

But I got an error when I trying to upload a MIF(or axf, it is a firmware) into the block ram.

Actually I've done this process in RTL level simulation.

I got a CPU core in my design and I need to upload a compiled firmware file into the code area block ram.

I don't know how can I put it in... I've found "uploadmem, data2mem" methodolgy on the web.

But it seems not for the simulation.

Anyone know about this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Post netlist simulation for FPGA debugging; how can I pre-load a file into FPGA block memory?

Hi @leepoult,

Have a look at the following post that may help.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Initializing-block-RAM-for-simulation/m-p/857776#M22260

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie leepoult

Re: Post netlist simulation for FPGA debugging; how can I pre-load a file into FPGA block memory?

Above link, that may helpful if I use RTL level sim.

Actually I've already use "readmemh" when I simulate in RTL level.

But it's impossible with post-netlist because I got only one big huge netlist file and there are splited block memories, LUT and other basic components of FPGA.

For example, I made one 128x64 spsram memory using block memory gen. but I got lots of distributed (splited) BRAMs and LUTs and others on my netlist.

I know how to insert pre-compiled code into the bit file.

But I don't know how can I put it into the post-routed-netlist.

0 Kudos