cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Post timing simulation in vivado

I wonder who could give me a detailed documents on post/timing simulation in vivado.

i only found the ug900 which take some general simulation introduction.

what i want to do is do the post simulation and timing simulation in vivado, and i could load the post-implementation timing in vivado, but i found the simulation waveform is the same as behavior simulation. how did i found if there exist a potentationly timing issue in waveform or report?

Thank you. very very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Post timing simulation in vivado

HI @zxm02370303

If the post-implementation timing report has no violations and if the post-implementation timing simulation is functionally identical to your behavioural simulation(i.e as expected),

Then you are good to go. The performance of your design post-device programming will most certainly be as expected.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guide
Guide

In the Vivado GUI, when you click on "Run Simulation", you get several options. Choose the post-synthesis or post-implementation timing simulation.

Avrum

RunSim.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Thank you. though i could launch the post simulation, and continue run the behavior test bench in this post simulation envrioment, but i didn't i could check the post simulation result?

for example, if the cpu core execute the read/write operation in post timing simulation, i could check the memory/general register if the opeartion work correctlly in behavior operation, but how did i could check the post simualation? also the if the memory/general register's reslut is OK?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos