UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Problem of "ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'launch_isim' failed due to earlier errors"

Hi,

I just install IDE DS 13.4 for Spartan-6 Embedded Design kit. When I go through bft project in PlanAhead, it has the simulation error as described as:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53725.htm

but I do not see any .wcfg file is selected. I also do not see there is illegible characters in simulation set. Please the attached pictures for those issues.

How to correct this problem?

BTW, when I launch PlanAhead, it prompts to upgrade ISE DS 13.4 to 14.1. Is there no problem for this bundled Spartan-6 Embedded Design Kit? Please confirm it. Thanks,

planahead0.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Problem of "ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'launch_isim' failed due to earlier errors"

I would like to add that my computer has Windows 7, 64-bit OS. Hopefully that it is useful to point to me the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Problem of "ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'launch_isim' failed due to earlier errors"

I just notice that there are two errors when I launch PlanAhead:

Please see the screen picture:

Does that matter?

Thanks,

pa0.png
0 Kudos