cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem when simulation tried to simulate with axi VIP

Hi,

I'm tried to simulate a block design with AXI VIP to check if the protocol is correct but when i use the pkg "axi_vip_pkg.sv" i receive this message.

"Unable to open file '' because file does not have read permission. Would you like to open the directory instead?"

The problem is this path /wrk/2018.3/nightly/2018_12_06_2405991/packages/customer/vivado/data/xilinx_vip/hdl/axi_vip_pkg.sv:14954. I tried create that folders and put the file here but the problem persist. I don't know what is the problem. I usign Vivado 2018.3 in Ubuntu 16.02.

Any help is grateful.

Regards,

Tomas Kromer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Thomas,
I have a problem verry simular to yours. In my case it is a block_memory_generator instead of axi_vip_pkg. Did you find a solution?
regards,
Flo
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Flo,

No, I change the VIP for AXI protocol checker IP. 

Regards,

Tomás 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I have the same problem. Also with a BlockMemoryGenerator IP.

For this IP, the simulator creates a ipshared directory structure and puts some files in it. One of the files is named "blk_mem_gen_v8_4.v". This is the file that the simulator is unable to open although it has NO read restrictions as the simulator states.

Besides this is a Verilog file, the rest of my design is written in VHDL. Can this be a hint what went wrong?

All the other IPs dont show this behaviour.

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hello, did you solve this problem? I have the same problem. 

0 Kudos