UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with radix

Hello, i'm using vivado 2019.1 and im trying to change the radix of my simulation to verify if my adder is working but the option is greyed out and I can't find anything that can fix that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem with radix

Hello arios6640@interbayamon.edu 

I was wondering if you could provide screenshots of your simulation and where the radix is grayed out? Those would help in finding out what is going on with your simulations. 

The radix option will not show up when the waveform is of a non-vector signal. For example, if the signal you are trying to look at is the clock (scalar), then the radix operation will not be available. However, if the output you are looking at is the output of a demux(vector), then the radix operation will be available. 

I will also provide a link to UG900, a user guide on Logic Simulation, for reference.

I hope this help, but if it has not, then please let me know! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Hello, sorry for the delay. Here I'm trying to change to decimal and I can't use the radix option.

15697174431848855532989795881247.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

arios6640@interbayamon.edu 

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like all your signals are scalar signals, meaning they can only be 1 or 0. The signals can only be changed if they are vector signals. I have provided a screenshot to help illustrate this. In the screenshot, I have taken the vector signal, P, and changed it from decimal to binary. 

I hope this helps! 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

binary_P.PNG
unsigned_dec_P.PNG
0 Kudos