cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about Compiling Smartmodel and simulation with modelsim

Jump to solution

According to the guide, I shoule firstly compile smartmodel library and then modify the 'modelsim.ini' for simulation PPC405. However, After I used 'compxlib' to compile smartmodel, I couldn't find '$LMC_HOME/lib/swiftpli_mti.so' which is needed for modelsim simulation. Could somebody help me to sovle this problem? Thanks.

BTW,  the directory under $LMC_HOME is like this:

---$LMC_HOME

|

--------   model.lst

|_____  secureip

|_____  simprims_ver

|_____  unisims_ver

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
duthv
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What device are you targetting? 

What Guide are you looking at?

For the version of ISE you are using, there are no more smartmodels. Everything is in SecureIP and this is why you dont see the lib file. Please ensure you are looking at the latest documentation for the version of ISE you have.

Thanks

Duth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
duthv
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What device are you targetting? 

What Guide are you looking at?

For the version of ISE you are using, there are no more smartmodels. Everything is in SecureIP and this is why you dont see the lib file. Please ensure you are looking at the latest documentation for the version of ISE you have.

Thanks

Duth

View solution in original post

Thanks for your reply.

I have another question now. If I want to use SecureIP with modelsim 6.2b, which is older than required modelsim 6.3c, I wonder if this works ?

0 Kudos
duthv
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately the answer is no. SecureIP is based on the IEEE Verilog encryption methodology and the earliest version of Modelsim that supported this was 6.3c.

Technically you can use 6.3c, although you will need to use ISE 10.1, as in 11.1 due to some changes in the encryption algorithm we had to change supported simulation to 6.4b as compxlib wont let you compile.

Thanks

Duth