cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petersk
Explorer
Explorer

ProjectMgmt file is missing

I am using GIT on my design.  When I change to a branch that has fewer files I get this warning:

WARNING:ProjectMgmt - File /home/kpeters/sideshow/sideshow_verilog/interFIFO.v is missing.

How do I get rid of that warning?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@petersk wrote:

I am using GIT on my design.  When I change to a branch that has fewer files I get this warning:

WARNING:ProjectMgmt - File /home/kpeters/sideshow/sideshow_verilog/interFIFO.v is missing.

How do I get rid of that warning?

Remove the file from the project list?

Make sure the file exists?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
petersk
Explorer
Explorer

so, every time I switch branches, I have to go through and modify the project file?  That seems a little awkward since the prj is in a totally different directory.

0 Kudos
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@petersk wrote:

so, every time I switch branches, I have to go through and modify the project file?  That seems a little awkward since the prj is in a totally different directory.

You probably need to have a separate project file for each branch. And the project file should be in your repository!

Remember that the project file tells each of the tools what its inputs are. As such, the project file should include all files used by the design. In your case, you've got a project file that points to a source file which isn't actually used in the design. Hence, the complaint. 

So, again, your choices are:

a) have a separate project file for each branch (which is what I would do). The branch should include only the files actually used by the design. 

or 

b) make sure that the unused file exists in all branches that use the same project file. This means you have some crufty stuff lying about in your source directory.

I think you're using GIT incorrectly, but that's just my opinion.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
debrajr

Hello Petersk,

If the last reply was helpful and has helped for your query then do mark it as an Accepted Solution. In case you have solved this issue yourself, kindly post the same for other users.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos