Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshamgar
Observer
Observer

QEMU cosimulation - remote-port debug

Hi, 

i am running the QEMU cosimulation demo of the zynqmp with VCS. 

i had to do several workarounds, tools installations, and scripts modifications to make this to compile and work on my system.

finally i got the remote-port connection, but it seems that right afterwards it disconnects in time 0ns.

this is the stdout of the qemu side:

prompt> petalinux-boot -v --qemu --prebuilt 3 --qemu-args "-hw-dtb /users/doron/fpga/qemu-devicetrees/LATEST/MULTI_ARCH/zcu102-arm.cosim.dtb -machine-path /users/doron/qemurp -icount 1 -sync-quantum 10000 "
INFO: sourcing build tools
INFO: No DTB has been specified, use the default one "/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb".
INFO: No DTB has been specified, use the default one "/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb".
INFO: Starting microblaze QEMU
INFO: Starting the above QEMU command in the background
INFO: qemu-system-microblazeel -M microblaze-fdt -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/null -display none -kernel /users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/pmu_rom_qemu_sha3.elf -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/pmufw.elf -hw-dtb /users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/zynqmp-qemu-multiarch-pmu.dtb -machine-path /users/doron/qemurp -device loader,addr=0xfd1a0074,data=0x1011003,data-len=4 -device loader,addr=0xfd1a007C,data=0x1010f03,data-len=4
qemu-system-microblazeel: Failed to connect socket /users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_pmu@0: Connection refused
qemu-system-microblazeel: info: QEMU waiting for connection on: disconnected:unix:/users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_pmu@0,server
INFO: TCP PORT is free
INFO: Starting aarch64 QEMU
INFO: qemu-system-aarch64 -M arm-generic-fdt -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/null -display none -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/bl31.elf,cpu-num=0 -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot,addr=0x04000000,force-raw -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/u-boot.elf -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/Image,addr=0x00200000 -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb,addr=0x00100000 -device loader,file=/users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/boot.scr,addr=0x20000000 -gdb tcp::9000 -dtb /users/doron/petalinux_projects/xilinx-zcu102-2020.1/pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb -net nic -net nic -net nic -net nic,netdev=eth0 -netdev user,id=eth0,tftp=/tftpboot -hw-dtb /users/doron/fpga/qemu-devicetrees/LATEST/MULTI_ARCH/zcu102-arm.cosim.dtb -machine-path /users/doron/qemurp -global xlnx,zynqmp-boot.cpu-num=0 -global xlnx,zynqmp-boot.use-pmufw=true -icount 1 -sync-quantum 10000 -m 4G
QEMU 4.2.0 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) qemu-system-aarch64: Failed to connect socket /users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0: Connection refused
qemu-system-aarch64: info: QEMU waiting for connection on: disconnected:unix:/users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0,server
qemu-system-aarch64: /amba@0/cosim@0: Disconnected clk=0 ns

qemu-system-microblazeel: /pmu@0: Disconnected clk=0 ns

on the simulation side stdout i get:

prompt> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cad/Synopsys/VCS/vcs/P-2019.06/linux64/lib/ ./zynqmp_demo unix:/users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0 10000
open socket
connect to /users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0
Chronologic VCS simulator copyright 1991-2019
Contains Synopsys proprietary information.
Compiler version P-2019.06_Full64; Runtime version P-2019.06_Full64; Nov 25 21:06 2020

and thats it. simulator stops. and i get back to terminal.

my questions are:

1. is there a way to debug the remote-port ? some kind of verbose msg enabling ?

2. what could be the cause of this sudden disconnection ?

i am really stuck here and would really appreciate any help !!

thanks,

doron

0 Kudos
1 Reply
harikade
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Doron,

You have mentioned below one

"i had to do several workarounds, tools installations, and scripts modifications to make this to compile and work on my system.", can you please let us know what issues you faced to go for multiple workarounds and changes in tool installation/scripts?

Also,I see the following message 

QEMU 4.2.0 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) qemu-system-aarch64: Failed to connect socket /users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0: Connection refused
qemu-system-aarch64: info: QEMU waiting for connection on: disconnected:unix:/users/doron/qemurp/qemu-rport-_amba@0_cosim@0,server

Can you please fix Qemu connection issue and try again?

Thanks,

Harika.

0 Kudos