UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie blhesterman

RTL Schematic omits connections

I tried viewing working VHDL code in the RTL Schematic viewer.  There is an 8-bit counter that is sitting alone with no connections.  I have produced working hardware with the code.  It also simulates correctly.  Is there some way to figure out why this counter is not connected in the schematic? I can't post the code, but I am looking for help in troubleshooting methods.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: RTL Schematic omits connections

Are you using ISE? What version?

You would be able to cross-probe the schematic objects to source code in PlanAhead tool, and then examine the associated connections in RTL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Can you plese post the screenshot of your schematic? May be some system specific issue? Please check the schematic in other machine..
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@blhesterman wrote:

I tried viewing working VHDL code in the RTL Schematic viewer.  There is an 8-bit counter that is sitting alone with no connections.  I have produced working hardware with the code.  It also simulates correctly.  Is there some way to figure out why this counter is not connected in the schematic? I can't post the code, but I am looking for help in troubleshooting methods.

This occasional "missing connection in RTL schematic viewer" bug has existed in ISE for ages. And it will never be fixed.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos

Hi, I got the same situation, the rtl has ommitted some connections, is it normal? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Which version of software are you using? Can you please post the warnings which you are facing during synthesizing the design ? Are these connections omitted in Technology schematic as well ?
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Have you checked responses for your query? Are you still facing any issue with your design ?
Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos