UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer zubinkumar
Observer

Reg: post route timing simulation with modelsim ... (first timer)

hi,

i was doing a post route timing simulation with modelsim (xilinx ise 10.1), for the first time ... the design is simple - an FSM with some states, signal mult_start is supposed to assert/deassert and then done is supposed to assert. behaviorial simulation is fine and the signals assert/deassert at the rising edge of the clock. but in timing simulation, i noticed that mult_start and done were asserting about 1.2 ns before the rising edge of the clock! (screenshot attached)

I know this is timing simulation so the tool accounts for the path delays etc. but signals asserting 1.2 ns before the clk edge, is that normal? because traditionally the signals assert at the rising edge of the clock in the FSM. and if this is normal, do i need to account for this 1.2 ns shift by doing something? or is it normal?

sc1.JPG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer zubinkumar
Observer

Re: Reg: post route timing simulation with modelsim ... (first timer)

and what could exactly be leading to this 1.2 ns shift?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Reg: post route timing simulation with modelsim ... (first timer)

> and what could exactly be leading to this 1.2 ns shift?

My guess is that this is actually 6.3nS after the clock edge (assuming a 7.5nS period), not 1.2nS before.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos