cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a set of simulations

I am hoping somebody can point me to a reference that will help me run a set of simulations with a good way to verify pass/fail criteria.   Here is the idea, I have a set of simulations, for example sim_1, sim_2, and sim_3 where each of these is a separate SV file with their own TOP level instantiation, and their own initial block where I am currently using $write and $display to show status of what I am testing.

I would like to have a single command or TCL file or some way I can kick off all 3 simulations, where it is fine if they run one after the other, or they all run in parallel.   I would like to somehow have the $write/$display elements saved to a file somehow, and if possible output whether each testbench passed or failed to the TCL console that I used to launch all the simulations.

Currently my flow is to select sim_1, run it, look at the TCL console to see if it passed by looking at the $display text, then exit simulation mode, select sim_2 and repeat.   This is a very manual process I am hoping to get away from.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

It's a different way of doing things, but this is exactly what Maia is for. See the unit test/regression bits. Standard disclaimers.