cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Running Microblaze simulation using PlanAhead 14.5 generated design on ModelSim 10.2

I am hoping that someone could point me to a tutorial on running simulation using ModelSim. I have generated the design using PlanAhead 14.5 design flow and XPS. 

When I generate the testbench I am not seeing the configuration to use the appropriate bram loaded with the code.

I am hoping that there is a tutorial the explains the helloworld for the ModelSim based simulation.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Running Microblaze simulation using PlanAhead 14.5 generated design on ModelSim 10.2

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1003.pdf may help! Though its for Power PC, the simulation flow is useful for begineers.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Running Microblaze simulation using PlanAhead 14.5 generated design on ModelSim 10.2

This user guide only discusses 10.0 tools of XPS and ISE. Things have changed considerably in 14.5. I am using PlanAhead tool chain that is different than ISE.

Would apprecate any doc that describes 14.5 tools. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

How about this one:http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_5/platform_studio/platform_studio_start.htm
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos